Sunday, February 8, 2009

Addages

I am indebted to Alan Parks for 'Addages.'
Monday, February 9, 2009: John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

What are our sources of trouble and peace? We will have trouble in the world as followers of Christ, but in Him we have peace.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009: Philippians 4:19
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

How are our needs supplied? Our needs are met, not from, but according to His riches in heaven.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009: John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

What is the essence of this promise? If I go, I will return for you.

Thursday, February 12, 2009: James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Does faith require works? No, but without works, faith is like a dead (useless) person.

Friday, February 13, 2009: Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Should the followers of Jesus Christ look out for themselves? No, we are to look for God’s kingdom — then all our needs will be added to us.

No comments: