Monday, May 25, 2009

Finished

Tuesday, May 26, 2009: Hebrews 4:2–3
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
What does a lack of faith prevent us from entering? The unbeliever is prevented from entering the rest of God.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009: John 17:3–4
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
What is the work that Christ finished in these verses? Eternal life is knowing God through the Son.

Thursday, May 28, 2009: John 19:30
So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
How did Christ die? He gave up His life of His own will.

Friday, May 29, 2009: 2 Timothy 4:7–8
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
What does Paul say he has finished in his life? Paul declares his fight, race and keeping the faith as finished.

No comments: