Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stretch out the fabric of Space and Time

I am 12 miles north of the White house. All power was out through 7 pm Tuesday: sorry for the delay.

Monday, July 26, 2010: Isaiah 42:5-7

Thus says God the Lord,

Who created the heavens and stretched them out,

Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,

Who gives breath to the people on it,

And spirit to those who walk on it:

“I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,

And will hold Your hand;

I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,

As a light to the Gentiles,

To open blind eyes,

To bring out prisoners from the prison,

Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.

What words are used for God’s creation of heaven and earth? Stretched and spread, respectively.

What are the prison house’s characteristics? Darkness of the spiritual kind; inaction is implied in sitting.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010: Isaiah 61:1-2a

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me,

Because the Lord has anointed Me

To preach good tidings to the poor;

He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,

To proclaim liberty to the captives,

And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord

What are the prison’s characteristics in this passage? Being bound as opposed to setting at liberty.

Is the passage prophetic? Yes, it was used by Jesus Christ who added that it was fulfilled by Him.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010: Isaiah 47:10

“For you have trusted in your wickedness;

You have said, ‘No one sees me’;

Your wisdom and your knowledge have warped you;

And you have said in your heart,

‘I am, and there is no one else besides me.’

What is at the heart of those who are in spiritual prison, bound and blind? The sense of I only know what is going on in me.

Thursday, July 29, 2010: Isaiah 48:12b-13a

I am He, I am the First,

I am also the Last.

Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth,

And My right hand has stretched out the heavens

What words are used here for God’s creation of heaven and earth? Stretched and spread, respectively.

What are the prison house’s characteristics? Darkness of the spiritual kind; inaction is implied in sitting.

Friday, July 30, 2010: Isaiah 34:4

All the host of heaven shall be dissolved,

And the heavens shall be rolled up like a scroll

What words are used for God’s destruction of the stars of heaven and heaven itself? Dissolved and rolled up, respectively.

What occurs after this? There is no ‘after this’: eternity is independent of time or space!

No comments: