Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where Are These Nations?

Monday, January 31, 2011: Jeremiah 46:28 (NKJV)

Do not fear, O Jacob My servant,” says the Lord,

“For I am with you;

For I will make a complete end of all the nations

To which I have driven you,

But I will not make a complete end of you.

I will rightly correct you,

For I will not leave you wholly unpunished.”

Will the nation of Israel exist because it is good? No, their continued existence is based on the promise of God to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob because of Abraham’s faith.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011: Ezekiel 25:2 – 3, 7 (NKJV)

“Son of man, set your face against the Ammonites, and prophesy against them. Say to the Ammonites, ‘Hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because you said, ‘Aha!’ against My sanctuary when it was profaned, and against the land of Israel when it was desolate, and against the house of Judah when they went into captivity, indeed, therefore, I will stretch out My hand against you, and give you as plunder to the nations; I will cut you off from the peoples, and I will cause you to perish from the countries; I will destroy you, and you shall know that I am the Lord.”

Why is the nation of Ammon not in existence anymore? The Ammonites applauded and commended the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem and found celebration in the captivity of the Jews.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011: Ezekiel 25:8 – 10 (NKJV)

‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because Moab and Seir say, ‘Look! The house of Judah is like all the nations,’ therefore, behold, I will clear the territory of Moab of cities, of the cities on its frontier, the glory of the country, Beth Jeshimoth, Baal Meon, and Kirjathaim. To the men of the East I will give it as a possession, together with the Ammonites, that the Ammonites may not be remembered among the nations.

Why is the nation of Moab not in existence anymore? The Moabites did not recognize God’s punishment of the Jews but equated Israel to nations that worshipped idols.

Thursday, February 3, 2011: Ezekiel 25:12 – 13, 15 – 16 (NKJV)

‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because of what Edom did against the house of Judah by taking vengeance, and has greatly offended by avenging itself on them,” therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “I will also stretch out My hand against Edom, cut off man and beast from it, and make it desolate from Teman; Dedan shall fall by the sword.

‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because the Philistines dealt vengefully and took vengeance with a spiteful heart, to destroy because of the old hatred,” therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “I will stretch out My hand against the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethites and destroy the remnant of the seacoast.

Why are the nations of Edom and the Philistines not in existence anymore? The Edomites and the Philistines took personal vengeance against Israel when they were down because of old hatreds.

Friday, February 4, 2011: Ezekiel 26:2 – 4 (NKJV)

“Son of man, because Tyre has said against Jerusalem, ‘Aha! She is broken who was the gateway of the peoples; now she is turned over to me; I shall be filled; she is laid waste.’

“Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and will cause many nations to come up against you, as the sea causes its waves to come up. And they shall destroy the walls of Tyre and break down her towers; I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock.

By DONNA CASSATA, Associated Press – Fri Jan 28, 1:54 pm ET

WASHINGTON – Tea party-backed Republican Sen. Rand Paul favors cutting U.S. aid to Israel as part of a deficit-driven effort to slash government spending by $500 billion this year, drawing criticism from Democrats and Republicans who argue the U.S. must be unwavering in its support for the longtime Mideast ally.

What comparison is there between Tyre and the USA? Tyre looked at Israel’s punishment as their profit and is no longer a nation. You make the call about the USA.

No comments: