Sunday, June 5, 2011

Laws, Statutes and Precepts


Monday, 6/6/11: Psalm 119:33 – 34 (NKJV)
Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;
Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
1 Corinthians 14:20 (NKJV)
Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Be mature in understanding: read the Bible

Tuesday, 6/7/11: Psalm 119:36 – 37 (NKJV)
Incline my heart to Your testimonies,
And not to covetousness.
Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
And revive me in Your way.
Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV)
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Let God revive you: turn from coveting the worthless

Wednesday, 6/8/11: Psalm 119:41 – 42 (NKJV)
Let Your mercies come also to me, O Lord—
Your salvation according to Your word.
So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me,
For I trust in Your word.
Romans 1:16 (NKJV)
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
Trust God’s word: it is the power of God to salvation

Thursday, 6/9/11: Psalm 119:43 – 44 (NKJV)
And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
For I have hoped in Your ordinances.
So shall I keep Your law continually,
Forever and ever.

Ephesians 1:13 (NKJV)
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
Speak the word of truth: trust in the gospel of salvation

Friday, 6/10/11: Psalm 119:45 – 46 (NKJV)
And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.
I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings,
And will not be ashamed.
James 1:25 (NKJV)
But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
Walk at liberty: not just a hearer but a doer

No comments: