Monday, February 20, 2012

Paul's Farewell to The Ephesian Elders


Monday, Feb. 20, 2012: Acts 20:17 – 18a, 26 – 27 (NKJV)            Why was Paul innocent?
From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church. And when they had come to him, he said to them: “You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you.
Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.
Why was Paul innocent? Some groups keep secrets for the select few. But Paul declares that he openly preached the entire counsel of God.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012: Acts 20:28 (NKJV)             Who appointed the elders?
Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
Who appointed the elders? The Holy Spirit (not man, nor degree) made the elders overseers to shepherd the flock.
Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012: Acts 20:29 –30 (NKJV)            Is the flock endangered?
For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.
Is the flock endangered? Yes, it is, from internal and external threats.
Thursday, February 23, 2012: Acts 20:32 (NKJV)            What is the flock’s defense?
“So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
What is the flock’s defense? The Word of God builds up.
Friday, February 24, 2012: Acts 20:33 –35 (NKJV)             What was Paul’s example?
I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or apparel. Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me. I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
What was Paul’s example? Paul worked to provide for himself and his companions.

No comments: