Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Lynch Mob


Mo. 4/16/12: John 7:45 – 49 (NKJV)                  Who never believed in Jesus Christ?
Then the officers came to the chief priests and Pharisees, who said to them, “Why have you not brought Him?” The officers answered, “No man ever spoke like this Man!”
Then the Pharisees answered them, “Are you also deceived? Have any of the rulers or the Pharisees believed in Him? But this crowd that does not know the law is accursed.”
Who never believed in Jesus Christ? Neither the rulers nor the Pharisees.
Tu. 4/17/12: John 8:48 – 52                  What was the accusation against Christ?
Then the Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?” Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges. Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.” Then the Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.’
What was the accusation against Christ? He was demon possessed.
We. 4/18/12: John 10:22 – 26 (NKJV)                   What did the mob do?
Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
What did the mob do? They surrounded Jesus Christ and stopped Him.
Th. 4/19/12: John 10:25 – 26 (NKJV)                  What did Christ reply?
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.”
What did Christ reply? Christ told them that they never believed His words and that He and the Father were one, a bombshell!
Fr. 4/20/12: John 10:31 – 33 (NKJV)                  Where did they find stones?
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”
Where did they find stones? Not in the Temple: they came prepared to kill.

No comments: