Saturday, September 15, 2012

Remember me


Mo. 9/17/12: Judges 16:27 – 28 (NKJV)                  What was Samson’s cry?
Now the temple was full of men and women. All the lords of the Philistines were there—about three thousand men and women on the roof watching while Samson performed. Then Samson called to the Lord, saying, “O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray! Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!”
What was Samson’s cry? Samson’s cry was for forgiveness and strength from God, not from hair!
Tu. 9/18/12: Job 14:13 – 14 (NKJV)                  What was Job’s cry?
      Oh, that You would hide me in the grave,
      That You would conceal me until Your wrath is past,
      That You would appoint me a set time, and remember me!
      If a man dies, shall he live again?
      All the days of my hard service I will wait,
      Till my change comes.
What was Job’s cry? Job’s cry was for his faith in the resurrection.
We. 9/19/12: Nehemiah 13:30 – 31 (NKJV)                  What was Nehemiah’s cry?
Thus I cleansed them of everything pagan. I also assigned duties to the priests and the Levites, each to his service, and to bringing the wood offering and the firstfruits at appointed times. Remember me, O my God, for good!
What was Nehemiah’s cry? Nehemiah’s cry was for cleansing the Temple by God’s leading.
Th. 9/20/12: Psalm 106:4 – 5 (NKJV)                  What was the Psalmist’s cry?
      Remember me, O Lord, with the favor You have toward Your people.
      Oh, visit me with Your salvation,
      That I may see the benefit of Your chosen ones,
      That I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation,
      That I may glory with Your inheritance
What was the Psalmist’s cry? The Psalmist’s cry was for God’s salvation, not by earned right.
Fr. 9/21/12: Luke 23:42 – 43 (NKJV)                  What was the thief’s cry?
Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.” And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.
What was the thief’s cry? The dying thief’s cry was for his belief in the kingdom of Jesus Christ!

No comments: