Saturday, October 6, 2012

Job Learns Salvation From God


Mo. 10/8/12: Job 38:1 – 2, 40:3 – 4                  What darkens God’s purposes?
Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:
      “Who is this who darkens counsel
      By words without knowledge?
Then Job answered the Lord and said:
      “Behold, I am vile;
      What shall I answer You?
      I lay my hand over my mouth.
What darkens God’s purposes? Counsel (purposes) are veiled by ideas.
Tu. 10/8/12: Job 40:6 – 8, 42:1, 3 – 6                  What was God’s purpose?
Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:
      Now prepare yourself like a man;
      I will question you, and you shall answer Me:
      Would you indeed annul My judgment?
      Would you condemn Me that you may be justified?
Then Job answered the Lord and said:
      You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’
      Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
      Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
What was God’s purpose? God purposed to let His Son be our sacrifice.
We. 10/8/12: Job 40:9a, 10 – 11, 14                  What can save you?
(Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:)
      Have you an arm like God?
      Then adorn yourself with majesty and splendor,
      And array yourself with glory and beauty.
      Disperse the rage of your wrath;
      Look on everyone who is proud, and humble him.
      Then I will also confess to you
      That your own right hand can save you.
What can save you? God’s right hand (Jesus Christ) only can save you.
Th. 10/8/12: Job 42:1, 4b – 6                  What did Job see?
Then Job answered the Lord and said:                 
      You said, ‘I will question you, and you shall answer Me.’
      “I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear,
      But now my eye sees You.
      Therefore I abhor myself,
      And repent in dust and ashes.”
What did Job see? Job’s spiritual eye saw God’s Savior and he repented.
Fr. 10/8/12: Job 42:9                  What was Job’s position now?
So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the Lord commanded them; for the Lord had accepted Job.
What was Job’s position now? Job was accepted by the Lord.

No comments: