Monday, November 26, 2012

As for me, being on the way...


Mo. 11/26/12: Genesis 24:2 – 4                  What was the mission?
So Abraham said to the oldest servant of his house, who ruled over all that he had, “Please, put your hand under my thigh, and I will make you swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and the God of the earth, that … you shall go to my country and to my family, and take a wife for my son Isaac.”
What was the mission? The oldest servant, Abraham’s steward, was to go find a wife for Isaac from Abraham’s people.
Tu. 11/27/12: Genesis 24:17 – 19                  What was the sign?
And the servant ran to meet her and said, “Please let me drink a little water from your pitcher.”
So she said, “Drink, my lord.” Then she quickly let her pitcher down to her hand, and gave him a drink. And when she had finished giving him a drink, she said, “I will draw water for your camels also, until they have finished drinking.”
What was the sign? The sign was that the girl offer drink to the ten camels also.
We. 11/28/12: Genesis 24:21 – 22                  What were the tokens given?
And (the servant), wondering at her, remained silent so as to know whether the Lord had made his journey prosperous or not. So it was, when the camels had finished drinking, that (the servant) took a golden nose ring weighing half a shekel, and two bracelets for her wrists weighing ten shekels of gold
What were the tokens given? A gold nose ring and two gold bracelets. Surprisingly, these were accepted.
Th. 11/29/12: Genesis 24:26 – 27                  As for me, being on the way?
Then the man bowed down his head and worshiped the Lord. And he said, “Blessed be the Lord God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His mercy and His truth toward my master. As for me, being on the way, the Lord led me to the house of my master’s brethren.”
As for me, being on the way? The statement is meek, simply fulfilling the master’s will.
Fr. 11/30/12: Revelation 21:9                  Who is the bride?
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”
Who is the bride? The historic account could be prophetically pointing to the Church

No comments: