Friday, March 15, 2013

Teacher, teach!


Mo. 3/18/13: Hebrews 5:12 – 13            What is milk and solid food?
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
What is milk and solid food? First principles of salvation and Christian living are milk, reading the Word is meat.
Tu. 3/19/13: 1 Corinthians 4:17            What is part of teaching?
For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.
What is part of teaching? Reminding others what the Word of God says.
We. 3/20/13: 1 Corinthians 14:18 – 19            What does Paul prefer to do?
I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all; yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.
What does Paul prefer to do? Paul would speak five words with understanding than a lot in an unknown tongue.
Th. 3/21/13: 2 Timothy 2:1 – 2            What do we teach and commit?
You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
What do we teach and commit? Paul’s words to those who will teach others in turn.
Fr. 3/22/13: 2 Timothy 2:24 – 26            Why should a teacher be humble?
And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
Why should a teacher be humble? The hearers will know the truth and escape the snare of the devil.

No comments: