Saturday, October 19, 2013

Seeing and Knowing God


Mo. 10/21/13: Exodus 3:2, 4 – 5                  What did God tell Moses to do?
And the Angel of the Lord appeared to (Moses) in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.”
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.”
What did God tell Moses to do? Moses was instructed to remove his sandals.
Tu. 10/22/13: Joshua 5:13 – 15                  What did God tell Joshua to do?
And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?”
So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?”
Then the Commander of the Lord’s army said to Joshua, “Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy.” And Joshua did so.
What did God tell Joshua to do? Joshua was instructed to remove his sandals.
We. 10/23/13: John 14:5 – 7                  What did Jesus Christ tell Thomas?
Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
What did Jesus Christ tell Thomas? Knowing Christ is knowing the Father.
Th. 10/24/13: John 14:8 – 9                  What did Jesus Christ tell Philip?
Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father?’”
What did Jesus Christ tell Philip? Seeing Christ is seeing the Father.
Fr. 10/25/13: Revelation 1:17 – 18                  What did Jesus Christ tell John?
And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.”
What did Jesus Christ tell John? Christ Jesus has the keys to Death and hell.

No comments: