Saturday, December 14, 2013

Courage and Confidence


Mo. 12/16/13: Joshua 1:5 – 6                  What was God’s promise?
No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.
What was God’s promise? God promised an inheritance: are we confident?
Tu. 12/17/13: Joshua 1:8 – 9                  Where is God’s promise?
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Where is God’s promise? In the Bible, God’s Word: do we read it?
We. 12/18/13: 2 Corinthians 10:1 – 2                  What was Paul’s attitude?
Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—who in presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. But I beg you that when I am present I may not be bold with that confidence by which I intend to be bold against some, who think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
What was Paul’s attitude? Meekness towards those who walk by the Spirit, boldness towards those who walk by the flesh.
Th. 12/19/13: 2 Corinthians 5:6 – 8                  How should we walk?
So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
How should we walk? We ought to walk by faith with confidence.
Fr. 12/20/13: Hebrews 13:5 – 6            What are we NOT to do?
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
What are we NOT to do? We are not to be fearful; what can man do to us?

No comments: