Sunday, May 11, 2014

Solomon's bride; Christ's Bride

Mo. 5/12/14: Song of Songs 2:4                  What is love’s beginning?
The Shulamite to the Daughters of Jerusalem
      He brought me to the banqueting house,
      And his banner over me was love.
What is love’s beginning? The beginning is an invitation ; whether from Solomon to the Shulamite or Christ to the unbeliever.
Tu. 5/13/14: Song of Songs 2:10                  What is love’s  invitation?
      My beloved spoke, and said to me:
      “Rise up, my love, my fair one,
      And come away.
What is love’s invitation? The invitation is to come away with Him.
We. 5/14/14: Song of Songs 6:1 – 3                  What is love’s promise?
      I am my beloved’s,
      And my beloved is mine.
      He feeds his flock among the lilies.
What is love’s promise? The promise is ‘I am yours: you are Mine.’
Th. 5/15/14: Revelation 19:7 – 8                  What is love’s consummation?
Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
What is love’s consummation? The consummation is the marriage of the Lamb.
Fr. 5/16/14: 2 Corinthians 1:21 – 22                  What is love’s betrothal?
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
What is love’s betrothal? The betrothal is accepting the engagement ring offered by Christ. This is your day of salvation; the ring, the seal of the Spirit.

No comments: