Sunday, October 12, 2014

Questions

Mo. 10/13/14: Hosea 11:7 –8                  Who was backsliding?
      My people are bent on backsliding from Me.
      Though they call to the Most High, None at all exalt Him.
      “How can I give you up, Ephraim?
      How can I hand you over, Israel? …
      My heart churns within Me; My sympathy is stirred.
Who was backsliding? Israel was backsliding.
Tu. 10/14/14: Obadiah 1:4 – 5                  Who was feeling mighty?
      Though you ascend as high as the eagle,
      And though you set your nest among the stars,
      From there I will bring you down,” says the Lord.
      “If thieves had come to you, Oh, how you will be cut off!—
      Would they not have stolen till they had enough?
      If grape-gatherers had come to you,
      Would they not have left some gleanings?
Who was feeling mighty? Israel’s wealthy were feeling ‘above it all.’
We. 10/15/14: Micah 6:3 – 4                  Who were weary?
      “O My people, what have I done to you?
      And how have I wearied you? Testify against Me.
      For I brought you up from the land of Egypt,
      I redeemed you from the house of bondage;
      And I sent before you Moses, Aaron, and Miriam.
Who were weary? Israel was forgetting God’s salvation.
Th. 10/16/14: Haggai 2:2 – 4                  Who promised Himself?
“Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and to the remnant of the people, saying: ‘Who is left among you who saw this temple in its former glory? And how do you see it now? In comparison with it, is this not in your eyes as nothing? Yet now be strong, … all you people of the land,’ says the Lord, ‘and work; for I am with you,’ says the Lord of hosts.
Who promised Himself? God Promised to be with Israel Himself.
Fr. 10/17/14: John 14:22 – 23                  Who promised His love?
Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

Who promised His love? Christ did, and to anyone, not just Jews.

No comments: