Monday, August 20, 2012

Christ's High Priestly Prayer


Mo. 8/20/12: John 17:3 – 4                  What did Christ finish?
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
What did Christ finish? He finished the work that God gave Him to do.

Tu. 8/21/12: John 17:8                  What did Christ give to His followers?
For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
What did Christ give to His followers? The words of God.

We. 8/22/12: John 17:9 – 10                  Who did Christ pray for?
“I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.
Who did Christ pray for? He prayed specifically for those the Father had given to Him.

Th. 8/23/12: John 17:14 – 15                  Where did Christ want them to be?
I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
Where did Christ want them to be? Christ wanted His followers kept in the world and (away) from the devil.

Fr. 8/24/12: John 17:24                  What future did Christ desire?
“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
What future did Christ desire? Christ wanted to have them where He was, to see His glory.

No comments: