Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jacob's Ladder


Mo. 12/10/12: Genesis 28:1 – 2                  What did Isaac charge Jacob with?
Then Isaac called Jacob and blessed him, and charged him, and said to him: “You shall not take a wife from the daughters of Canaan. Arise, go to Padan Aram, to the house of Bethuel your mother’s father; and take yourself a wife from there of the daughters of Laban your mother’s brother.
What did Isaac charge Jacob with? Take a wife from Laban’s family.
Tu. 12/11/12: Genesis 28:10 – 12                  What was Jacob’s dream?
Now Jacob went out from Beersheba and went toward Haran. So he came to a certain place and stayed there all night, because the sun had set. And he took one of the stones of that place and put it at his head, and he lay down in that place to sleep. Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
What was Jacob’s dream? A ladder with angels reached heaven.
We. 12/12/12: Genesis 28:13                  What did the Lord God promise?
And behold, the Lord stood above it and said: “I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants.
What did the Lord God promise? Like Abraham, the land and children.
Th. 12/13/12: Genesis 28:16 – 17                  What was Jacob’s reaction?
Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it. And he was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven!”
What was Jacob’s reaction? He realized that it was not just a dream.
Fr. 12/14/12: Genesis 28:20 – 22                  What did Jacob do?
Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.
What did Jacob do? Jacob made a vow of tithing.

No comments: