Saturday, January 19, 2013

Firstborn


Mo. 1/21/13: Exodus 4:22 – 23                  What was God’s word through Moses?
Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.”’
What was God’s word through Moses? “Let my firstborn son go!”
Tu. 1/22/13: Exodus 12:12 – 13                  What was God’s sign?
‘For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord. Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.
What was God’s sign?
We. 1/23/13: Exodus 12:29                  What happened at midnight?
And it came to pass at midnight that the Lord struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of livestock.
What happened at midnight?
Th. 1/24/13: Hebrews 11:27 – 28                  What was Moses’ belief?
By faith (Moses) forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible. By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, lest he who destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
What was Moses’ belief? Moses believed that the blood of the lamb would save Israel’s firstborn.
Fr. 1/25/13: Colossians 1:15, 18                  Who is firstborn?
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
Who is firstborn? Jesus Christ, over all creation, firstborn from the dead.

No comments: