Saturday, March 22, 2014

David during Absalom's betrayal

Mo. 3/24/14: Psalm 4:3 – 4, 7 – 8                  How did David respond to betrayal?
      But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly;
      The Lord will hear when I call to Him.
      Be angry, and do not sin.
      Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.
You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
How did David respond to betrayal? He did not sin in anger: he let the Lord keep him safe.
Tu. 3/25/14: Psalm 42:11                  What did David ask?
      Why are you cast down, O my soul?
      And why are you disquieted within me?
      Hope in God;
      For I shall yet praise Him,
      The help of my countenance and my God.
What did David ask? David asked that God be his hope and brighten his face.
We. 3/26/14: Psalm 55:4 – 7, 22                  What did David feel like doing?
      My heart is severely pained within me,
      And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
      Fearfulness and trembling have come upon me,
      And horror has overwhelmed me.
So I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest.
Indeed, I would wander far off,
And remain in the wilderness.
      Cast your burden on the Lord,
      And He shall sustain you;
      He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
What did David feel like doing? He felt like leaving but put his burden on the Lord.
Th. 3/27/14: Psalm 71:9, 18 – 24                  How did David view his aging?
      Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
      Do not forsake me when my strength fails.
Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.
How did David view his aging? He prayed that God not forsake him and to finish his work.
Fr. 3/28/14: Psalm 143:1 – 2, 10 – 11                  What did David recognize?
      Hear my prayer, O Lord,
      Give ear to my supplications!
      In Your faithfulness answer me,
      And in Your righteousness.
      Do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
      For in Your sight no one living is righteous.
Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.
Revive me, O Lord, for Your name’s sake!
For Your righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
What did David recognize? None is righteous before God and revival is of the Lord.

No comments: