Sunday, October 10, 2010

The First and the Last

Monday, October 11, 2010: Exodus 20:2 – 3 (NKJV)

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

What does ‘no other gods before Me’ imply? God’s Son could be the same as God or His equal. (Not before but equal)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010: Isaiah 44:6 (NKJV)

“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,

And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:

‘I am the First and I am the Last;

Besides Me there is no God.

What does ‘And his Redeemer’ imply? The King and his Redeemer are both one. Together they form the First and the Last.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010: 1 Corinthians 15:45 (NKJV)

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

What is the difference between the first and the last Adam? The first was born a man; the last makes man born of the Spirit.

Thursday, October 14, 2010: Revelation 1:11 (NKJV)

saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

Who declares Himself to be the First and the Last? The glorified Lord Jesus Christ who appears to John in a Spirit led vision.

Friday, October 15, 2010: Revelation 1:17 – 18 (NKJV)

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

What is God’s plan of salvation? The First and the Last, the immortal, suffered death and rose from the dead for us who believe.

No comments: