Friday, August 22, 2014

Children of Light

Mo. 8/25/14: Isaiah 42:5 – 7                  Who did God call?
      Thus says God the Lord,
      Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
      Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
      Who gives breath to the people on it,
      And spirit to those who walk on it:
      “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,
      And will hold Your hand;
      I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
      As a light to the Gentiles,
      To open blind eyes,
      To bring out prisoners from the prison,
      Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.
Who did God call? God called One in righteousness as a light to gentiles.
Tu. 8/26/14: Isaiah 43:10 – 11                  Who were the witnesses?
      “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,
      “And My Servant whom I have chosen,
      That you may know and believe Me,
      And understand that I am He.
      Before Me there was no God formed,
      Nor shall there be after Me.
      I, even I, am the Lord,
      And besides Me there is no savior.
Who were the witnesses? The Jews were supposed to be the witnesses.
We. 8/27/14: Isaiah 43:25 – 26                   What precedes acquittal?
      “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;
      And I will not remember your sins.
      State your case, that you may be acquitted.
What precedes acquittal? The great ‘I AM’ blots out our sin.
Th. 8/28/14: Ephesians 5:8 – 10                   How are being and walking different?
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
How are being and walking different? Being is once, walking is daily duty.
Fr. 8/29/14: 1 John 1:5, 7                  How are we to walk?
This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

How are we to walk? We are to walk in Light.

No comments: