Saturday, August 2, 2014

Minor Prophet & God's Warnings

Mo. 8/4/14: Amos 4:13                  What was created?
      For behold,      He who forms mountains,
      And creates the wind,      Who declares to man what his thought is,
      And makes the morning darkness,
      Who treads the high places of the earth—The Lord God of hosts is His name.
What was created? Everything we sense was created.
Tu. 8/5/14: Jonah 1:1 – 3a                  What was Jonah’s problem?
Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it; for their wickedness has come up before Me.” But Jonah arose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. He went down to Joppa, and found a ship going to Tarshish; so he paid the fare, and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.
What was Jonah’s problem? Jonah did not want Tarshish to know God.
We. 8/6/14: Jonah 1:12, 2:9 – 10                    What was his conclusion?
And he said to them, “Pick me up and throw me into the sea; then the sea will become calm for you. For I know that this great tempest is because of me.”
      But I will sacrifice to You       With the voice of thanksgiving;
      I will pay what I have vowed.      Salvation is of the Lord.”
So the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
What was his conclusion? Jonah concluded God’s way was right.
Th. 8/7/14: Luke 7:26 – 29                  Who is the greatest prophet?
But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet. This is he of whom it is written:
      ‘Behold, I send My messenger before Your face,
      Who will prepare Your way before You.’
For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”
And when all the people heard Him, even the tax collectors justified God, having been baptized with the baptism of John.
Who is the greatest prophet? The greatest: John the Baptist.
Fr. 8/8/14: Acts 2:16 – 17                  Who is salvation for?
But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
      ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
      That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
      Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
      Your young men shall see visions,
      Your old men shall dream dreams.

Who is salvation for? Salvation is for everyone.

No comments: