Sunday, August 17, 2014

Repentance and Forgiveness

Mo. 8/18/14: Micah 2:6 –                   Why is the Spirit restricted?
      “Do not prattle,” you say to those who prophesy.
      So they shall not prophesy to you;
      They shall not return insult for insult.
      You who are named the house of Jacob:
      “Is the Spirit of the Lord restricted?
      Are these His doings?
      Do not My words do good
      To him who walks uprightly?
Why is the Spirit restricted? The Spirit’s restricted when we walk in shame.
Tu. 8/19/14: Hosea 5:3 – 7                  What is in them?
      I know Ephraim,
      And Israel is not hidden from Me;
      For now, O Ephraim, you commit harlotry;
      Israel is defiled.
      “They do not direct their deeds
      Toward turning to their God,
      For the spirit of harlotry is in their midst,
      And they do not know the Lord.
What is in them? The spirit of harlotry is in them.
We. 8/20/14: Hosea 14:4 – 5                  What is God’s response?
      “I will heal their backsliding,
      I will love them freely,
      For My anger has turned away from him.
      I will be like the dew to Israel;
      He shall grow like the lily,
      And lengthen his roots like Lebanon.
What is God’s response? Repent, and My forgiveness is with you.
Th. 8/21/14: Luke 17:3 – 4                  What is our responsibility?
Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”
What is our responsibility? Ours is to do likewise in life.
Fr. 8/22/14: 2 Corinthians 2:10 – 11                  Who does Paul forgive?
Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Who does Paul forgive? Paul forgives the sexual sinner. (In 1 Cor.)

No comments: